Towards the Third Action Plan
The Third Action Plan of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022 (the National Plan) is currently under development and due for release in mid 2016.
The Third Action Plan will be informed by experts and will set out Australia’s policy priorities, actions and direction to help reduce violence against women and their children for the next three years.
The Third Action Plan is the half way point for the National Plan. This milestone, combined with the momentum around violence against women in the Australian community, makes this Action Plan a particularly exciting and important one.
Information that will be used to develop the Third Action Plan include:
- recommendations from the Advisory Panel to the Council of Australian Governments,
- a small number of exploratory workshops in late March to early April 2016 to investigate some key issues we want to know more about – like how we can work more innovatively to prevent and respond to violence against women, and
- a series of national roundtables with key stakeholder groups between mid-April and mid‑May 2016 to further test and refine actions for the Third Action Plan.
Governments will also draw on the evaluation of the National Plan’s Second Action Plan and the many national, state and territory inquiries and consultation processes to inform the Third Action Plan. These include:
- the Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence
- Queensland Special Taskforce
- the Senate Inquiry into Domestic Violence
- independent reviews of existing programmes and services.
If you would like to be a part of roundtable consultations, or have something specific to share in writing to inform the Third Action Plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates on the development of the Third Action Plan will be available on the National Plan website and through the National Plan newsletter.