Third Action Plan
Third Action Plan 2016–2019
The Third Action Plan 2016–2019 (Third Action Plan) was launched on 28 October 2016 by the Former Prime Minister, the Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP.
The Third Action Plan is part of a long term commitment by governments to work together to change Australia’s attitudes to, and tolerance for violence against women and their children.
The Third Action Plan outlines what all governments, communities, businesses and individuals can do to reduce violence against women and their children. It sets out 36 practical actions, across six national priority areas, to be undertaken over the next three years:
- National Priority Area 1: Prevention and early intervention
- National Priority Area 2: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
- National Priority Area 3: Greater support and choice
- National Priority Area 4: Sexual violence
- National Priority Area 5: Responding to children living with violence
- National Priority Area 6: Keeping perpetrators accountable across all systems
Extensive consultation was undertaken to develop the Third Action Plan, including a series of national workshops and roundtables with over 400 stakeholders including non-government organisations, academics and businesses. A report summarising the key themes and areas of discussion from the national roundtables was developed and is publicly available.