Second Action Plan
Second Action Plan 2013–2016
The Second Action Plan: Moving Ahead 2013–2016 (Second Action Plan) was launched in June 2014 by the Prime Minister, the Hon Tony Abbott MP.
The Second Action Plan contains 26 practical actions, which fall under five National Priorities. These are joint areas of work that all governments agree are critical to moving ahead in reducing violence against women and their children:
- National Priority One: Driving whole of community action to prevent violence
- National Priority Two: Understanding diverse experiences of violence
- National Priority Three: Supporting innovative services and integrated systems
- National Priority Four: Improving perpetrator interventions
- National Priority Five: Continuing to build the evidence base
Extensive consultation was undertaken to develop the Second Action Plan. This included reviewing over 50 written submissions and holding national roundtables attended by around 100 experts and organisations. A report summarising the key themes and areas of discussion from the national roundtables was developed and is publicly available.
Easy Read documents
Second Action Plan fact sheets
- Brochure: The Second Action Plan
- The Second Action Plan, in brief
- Fact sheet: How the Second Action Plan helps culturally and linguistically diverse women
- Fact sheet: How the Second Action Plan helps women with disability
- Fact sheet: How the Second Action Plan helps Indigenous women
The Second Action Plan brochure and culturally and linguistically diverse fact sheet are available in 12 languages. These resources are available on the Department of Social Services website.