Violence against women and their children is an issue that impacts the whole community. It is everyone’s responsibility to prevent it.
How can you get involved?
By working together and challenging the attitudes and behaviours that allow violence to occur, we can create real and lasting change in our communities. There are different ways you can get involved. You can:
- Encourage gender equality and speak out against violence against women and their children in your family, community, workplace or sporting group.
- Volunteer or donate to your local women’s service, youth group, homeless shelter, Indigenous or multicultural group or get involved with community or local government organisations.
- Connect with Our Watch.
- Connect with the National Women’s Alliances.
- Learn about Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety.
- Look at key statistics, including from the Personal Safety Survey and the National Community Attitudes towards Violence Against Women Survey.
- Check out the eSafetyWomen resources which aim to help women manage technology risks and abuse.