Support the implementation of the new National Sexual Violence Campaign
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Primary prevention is key
- 5 Promote healthy and safe relationships and build gender equitable values through initiatives for children and young people.
- Respond to sexual violence and sexual harassment
- 13 Prevent sexual violence and sexual harassment before it happens through national and targeted initiatives that promote informed consent, bodily autonomy and respectful relationships.
What are we doing?
This action supports the development and delivery of a new sexual violence campaign under the Fourth Action Plan of the National Plan.
- Support the implementation of the new National Sexual Violence Campaign is an action under Safe Homes, Families, Communities: Tasmania’s action plan for family and sexual violence 2019–2022 (Safe Families, Homes, Communities), which invests $26 million over three years from 2019–20 to 2021–22 to prevent and respond to family and sexual violence in Tasmania.
What is next?
Safe Homes, Families, Communities actions commenced implementation on 1 July 2019.
Key milestones for 2019–20 include:
- Support the implementation of the National Sexual Violence Campaign.
What difference will we make?
The Tasmanian Government is committed to strengthening efforts to change the attitudes, behaviours and power imbalances that lead to violence; and to working with communities to drive generational change.
Safe Homes, Families, Communities represents the next stage of the Tasmanian Government’s long-term commitment to preventing and responding to family violence and a new response to sexual violence. It also recognises that sexual violence often intersects with family violence and supports an increased focus on sexual violence within family violence, including a new data analyst role in the Safe Families Coordination Unit.
Through this action, the Tasmanian Government will provide financial support and input into the development and delivery of the new National Sexual Violence Campaign.