Northern Territory Workforce and Sector Development Strategy
- Northern Territory
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
- 7 Build the workforce capability to ensure delivery of high quality, holistic, trauma-informed and culturally safe supports that respond to the complex needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children.
- Improve support and service system responses
- 16 Enable workforces to provide trauma-informed support with a focus on safety and recovery to victims and survivors of domestic, family and sexual violence.
What are we doing?
The Northern Territory Government has committed $22 million from 2018–19 to 2020–21 for initiatives under Action Plan 1: Changing Attitudes, Intervening Earlier and Responding Better 2018–2021 of the Northern Territory’s Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Framework 2018–2028. This investment includes the development and implementation of the Northern Territory Workforce and Sector Development Strategy to strengthen the response of both specialist and universal service providers.
What is next?
- Development of the Northern Territory Workforce and Sector Development Strategy to commence in 2019–20, with implementation expected to commence in 2020–21.
- An audit will be conducted to better understand the training being delivered and gaps in training for domestic, family and sexual violence workers and generalist workers in the Northern Territory.
What difference will we make?
- Territorians at risk of experiencing violence are identified early and provided with effective interventions.
- People experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence are protected and helped to recover and thrive.
- Build a capable and responsive system and workforce.
- Build the capacity of universal services and the community to identify and respond to domestic, family and sexual violence.