NO MORE Campaign
- Northern Territory
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Primary prevention is key
- 3 Implement targeted primary prevention activities designed by, and tailored for, the specific communities they are intended to support.
- Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
- 6 Value and engage the expertise of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and men, communities and organisations to lead in the creation and implementation of community-led solutions to build and manage change.
What are we doing?
The Northern Territory Government has committed $22 million from 2018–19 to 2020–21 for initiatives under Action Plan 1: Changing Attitudes, Intervening Earlier and Responding Better 2018–2021 of the Northern Territory’s Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Framework 2018–2028. This investment includes funding to place-based, community-led solutions through initiatives such as the NO MORE Campaign.
What have we achieved so far?
The Northern Territory Government has been funding the NO MORE Campaign since 2017–18 to work with men and communities to raise awareness and develop local responses in reducing family, domestic and sexual violence, across the Northern Territory.
What is next?
- The NO MORE Campaign is a continuing initiative.
- An independent evaluation of the men’s behaviour change programs expected be conducted from 2019–20, will include the review of the NO MORE Campaign.
What difference will we make?
- Domestic, family and sexual violence is prevented and not tolerated.
- Partner with community, business, sporting and religious leaders to grow the number of organisations that actively reject domestic, family and sexual violence and challenge gender inequality.