National standards for sexual violence responses
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Respond to sexual violence and sexual harassment
- 14 Deliver client-centred, trauma-informed, specialised and consistent support to victims and survivors of sexual violence.
- Improve support and service system responses
- 18 Improve access to and embed trauma-informed support for perpetrators of domestic, family and sexual violence to prevent reoffending and promote rehabilitation and treatment.
- 19 Build the evidence base to inform responses to domestic, family and sexual violence by strengthening the focus on what works to reduce violence, improving data and supporting the Fourth Action Plan priorities.
What are we doing?
The Commonwealth will work with key stakeholders including states and territories and experts in the sector to develop national standards for sexual violence responses for victim and perpetrator programs, including a framework for reporting against the standards.
- The Commonwealth Government will provide $2.6 million between 2019–20 and 2021–22 to fund national standards for sexual violence responses.
What is next?
- Preliminary work on current knowledge of sexual violence and commencement of development of national standards.
What difference will we make?
The intended outcome of this program is national standards to monitor, inform and improve responses to sexual violence.