National Media Engagement Project
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Primary prevention is key
- 1 Advance gender equality and respect for women through effective primary prevention initiatives.
What are we doing?
Our Watch will undertake Phase Three of this project, working in collaboration with the media to address the drivers of violence against women, as well as positively influence the way media report on and engage with victims of violence.
For more information, go to the Our Watch website.
- The Commonwealth Government will provide $1.4 million between 2019–20 and 2021–22 to fund the National Media Engagement Project.
What have we achieved so far?
Scoping and planning activities for this activity have commenced. An activity work plan is being finalised.
What is next?
- Scoping for Phase Three will commence in the third quarter of 2019
- A strategic project review to take account of the learnings from the Phase Two evaluation will be conducted in the first quarter of 2020.
- An evaluation will be finalised in June 2022.
What difference will we make?
Relevant outcome indicators may include:
- proportion of news stories related to violence against women that demonstrate best-practice in reporting
- number of media organisations with policies on best practice reporting related to violence against women.
- In the activity design phase, an evaluation framework and indicators will be developed to align with Counting on Change – a guide to prevention monitoring.