Membership of Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Improve support and service system responses
- 19 Build the evidence base to inform responses to domestic, family and sexual violence by strengthening the focus on what works to reduce violence, improving data and supporting the Fourth Action Plan priorities.
What are we doing?
Tasmania is a foundation member of Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS) which was established under the National Plan. ANROWS is committed to delivering innovative and relevant research and building a national evidence base that supports policy and practice in reducing violence against women and their children. ANROWS membership has been included as an action to highlight the Tasmanian Government’s support for ANROWS and to recognise the importance of an evidence-based approach to all family and sexual violence policies, programs and services.
- Membership of Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS) is an action under Safe Homes, Families, Communities: Tasmania’s action plan for family and sexual violence 2019-2022 (Safe Homes, Families, Communities), which invests $26 million over three years from 2019-20 to 2021-22 to prevent and respond to family and sexual violence in Tasmania.
What have we achieved so far?
Safe Homes, Families, Communities commenced implementation on 1 July 2019.
The Tasmanian Government is a member of ANROWS and remains committed to supporting ANROWS and its role in producing, disseminating and assisting in the application of evidence for policy and practice addressing violence against women and their children.
What is next?
- Ongoing membership with ANROWS
- Participation in Senior Officials meetings.
- Supporting and promoting the National Research Agenda.
What difference will we make?
The Tasmanian Government remains committed to ensuring actions informed by evidence and best practice, and to monitoring, evaluating and reporting on efforts. The ANROWS Research Program is making a significant contribution to Tasmania’s understanding of women’s safety and establishing a strong evidence base to help guide national and local initiatives to reduce violence against women and their children.
ANROWS also provides opportunities for Tasmanian researchers and stakeholders to contribute to the national research agenda.