Evaluation of the National Plan
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Improve support and service system responses
- 19 Build the evidence base to inform responses to domestic, family and sexual violence by strengthening the focus on what works to reduce violence, improving data and supporting the Fourth Action Plan priorities.
What are we doing?
Under the Fourth Action Plan, the Commonwealth Government will undertake a comprehensive evaluation of the National Plan. The evaluation will incorporate an evaluation of the Fourth Action Plan.
- The Commonwealth Government will fund the evaluation between 2019-20 and 2021-22.
What have we achieved so far?
KPMG has been engaged to undertake the evaluation of the National Plan, including the Fourth Action Plan to date achievements have included:
- A Performance, Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) Framework developed to support the evaluation.
- The PMR Framework sets out the indicators and measures for assessing performance to support the monitoring of activities under the Fourth Action Plan and improve the evidence base for future service planning and policy development.
- An evaluation plan for the National Plan and Fourth Action Plan has been prepared and finalised in consultation with stakeholders.
- KPMG have completed a range of evaluation activities including stakeholder consultations and a frontline worker survey distributed to specialist family, domestic and sexual violence services seeking their views on the impact of the National Plan and Fourth Action Plan.
- Evaluation activities underway include social media analysis, quantitative assessment of outcomes and consideration of prior research and evaluations informing the overall evaluation.
What is next?
- KPMG will finalise an interim report in November 2021.
- A final report on the Evaluation of the National Plan and Fourth Action Plan is due in May 2022, with the evaluation concluding in 2022.
What difference will we make?
The intended outcome of this work is an:
- improved understanding of the impact of the National Plan on reducing violence against women and their children and the contribution of the Fourth Action Plan to that objective.