Enhancing data and reporting
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Improve support and service system responses
- 19 Build the evidence base to inform responses to domestic, family and sexual violence by strengthening the focus on what works to reduce violence, improving data and supporting the Fourth Action Plan priorities.
What are we doing?
Under the Fourth Action Plan, the Commonwealth Government will work with key statistical agencies, such as the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). The focus will be on:
- a data plan
- enhancements to data and reporting on family, domestic and sexual violence.
The Commonwealth Government will provide funding to enhance data and reporting between 2019–20 and 2021–22.
What have we achieved so far?
This work will build on the improvements to data and reporting through the Third Action Plan. This included two compendium reports on family, domestic and sexual violence by the AIHW, new flags on family, domestic and sexual violence in national data collections on recorded crimes, and an updated directory on family, domestic and sexual violence data collections.
What is next?
- Identification and scoping of data opportunities will commence in the fourth quarter of 2019.
What difference will we make?
Intended outcomes of this work are:
- improved knowledge and action on strengthening data and reporting
- a reduction in data and reporting gaps.