Additional Specialised Family Violence Services
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Respect, listen and respond to the diverse lived experience and knowledge of women and their children affected by violence
- 11 Deliver policies and services to address the disproportionate impact of violence on particular groups.
- Improve support and service system responses
- 18 Improve access to and embed trauma-informed support for perpetrators of domestic, family and sexual violence to prevent reoffending and promote rehabilitation and treatment.
What are we doing?
Additional Specialised Family Violence Services will be provided in up to 16 sites across Australia, with a focus on specialised services for children and young people, and other diverse communities.
These services will deliver support to families and individuals affected by family and domestic violence, including children who have experienced or witnessed family or domestic violence.
- The Commonwealth Government will provide $10 million between 2019–20 and 2021–22 to fund additional Specialised Family Violence Services.
What is next?
- The first of these new services commenced in the first quarter of May 2020.
What difference will we make?
The intended outcomes of these services are:
- additional support is available for children who have experienced and/or witnessed family and domestic violence
- people who experience violence access supports and services, and are able to make empowered and informed choices about their relationships
- people who use violence access supports and services, implement self-management techniques, and change their behaviour.