Additional funding for 1800RESPECT
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Respect, listen and respond to the diverse lived experience and knowledge of women and their children affected by violence
- 11 Deliver policies and services to address the disproportionate impact of violence on particular groups.
- Respond to sexual violence and sexual harassment
- 14 Deliver client-centred, trauma-informed, specialised and consistent support to victims and survivors of sexual violence.
- Improve support and service system responses
- 17 Collaborate across services, sectors and workforces to ensure responses to women affected by domestic, family and sexual violence are coordinated, meet women’s needs, avoid women having to retell their story and promote their recovery.
What are we doing?
Under the Fourth Action Plan the Commonwealth Government will provide $64 million between 2019–20 and 2020–21 to fund 1800RESPECT.
1800RESPECT is the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service. Under the Fourth Action Plan, the Commonwealth Government will provide additional funding to 1800RESPECT to ensure that services can meet growing demand for support.
More information can be found at https://www.1800respect.org.au/
What is next?
- 1800RESPECT is an ongoing initiative.
- The Department of Social Services is conducting an open procurement process through 2020-21 to secure a provider to deliver 1800RESEPCT into the future. Throughout the process 1800RESPECT will continue to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing the highest quality support to those who have experienced domestic, family and sexual violence, and their family and friends.
What difference will we make?
- The intended outcomes of this program are:
- greater number of people will have access to quality and responsive telephone and online support
- support is appropriate and sensitive to individuals unique experiences of violence
- people can access useful information through the 1800RESPECT website including relevant and current service referrals
- people can have access to DAISY and SUNNY mobile phone applications.