Accredited training for sexual violence responses
Fourth Action Plan actions
- Respond to sexual violence and sexual harassment
- Improve support and service system responses
- 16 Enable workforces to provide trauma-informed support with a focus on safety and recovery to victims and survivors of domestic, family and sexual violence.
What are we doing?
The development and implementation of this package will build the capability and capacity of workers to recognise and respond to all people who experience sexual violence.
- The Commonwealth Government will provide $4.494 million between 2019–20 and 2021–22 to fund accredited training for sexual violence responses.
What have we achieved so far?
Program design has commenced, including developing a program logic and procurement strategy.
What is next?
- This initiative will commence in the fourth quarter of 2019.
What difference will we make?
The intended outcome of this training is that victims and survivors are supported to navigate the complexity of their personal safety decisions in a supported, rights-based, and autonomous way.
Indicators to monitor the performance of this training may include:
- participants have an increased understanding of all forms of sexual violence
- participants have improved skills in responding to victims of sexual violence in culturally appropriate ways
- training is high quality and complies with relevant standards and safety-first principles.