Third Action Plan launched
On 28 October 2016, the Prime Minister, the Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP, launched the Third Action Plan of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022 (the National Plan) at the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) National Summit on Reducing Violence against Women and their Children in Brisbane.
The Third Action Plan outlines 36 practical actions under the following six priority areas:
- Prevention and early intervention
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
- Greater support and choice
- Sexual violence
- Responding to children living with violence
- Keeping perpetrators accountable across all systems
The Australian Government has committed $100 million over three years to support the Third Action Plan to reduce violence against women and their children. This is in addition to the $100 million Women’s Safety Package announced in September 2015.